Brielle Student Government
Student Government Elections for the 2023-2024 school year will be in June. The positions for grades 6-8 are:
- Vice President
Timeline for Student Government Election Procedure
- Thursday, May 25th - Information for all interested students during lunch period. Procedure, timeline and petitions are explained and shared.
- Wednesday, May 31st - Petition, Parent Permission Slip, and Posters are due to Ms. Gahr for approval (2 posters per candidate). Posters must be brought to Miss Gahr in room #33 during homeroom. Once your poster is approved, you may hang it up in the hallway of your homeroom or outside the all-purpose room. Please remember to bring your own masking tape, as we are not sharing materials. You are responsible for putting up your posters and taking them down.
- Tuesday, June 6th - Primary Election - Elections will take place during homeroom via Google Form. The top 2 candidates for each position will be announced at the end of the day. The top two candidates' posters will remain.
- Thursday, June 8th - Election Speeches are due to Ms. Gahr for approval. Speeches should be one page typed on Google documents. Please share Google Doc with email@example.com.
- Friday, June 9th – Speeches made and elections to follow. After the election results are announced, all posters must be taken down. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Ms. Gahr at firstname.lastname@example.org.