SCIENCE: IT'S LIKE MAGIC...BUT REAL!
My goal with every child who comes into my classroom is to unlock the door to her or his imagination and spark a desire to learn. I will create an atmosphere that allows your child to learn new concepts and skills while having fun.WELCOME TO MR. YEE'S SCIENCE & ROBOTICS CLASS!
I am very excited to be teaching science to Kindergarten, First, Second, and Third Grade! You will learn to think like scientists and sharpen your skills of observation. Be ready for a year full of eye-opening discoveries!
I am also teaching robotics to the Fifth Grade.
Fifth graders will be creating robotic devices with the Legos Simple & Powered Machines System. They will use problem-solving skills to determine the most effective way for their contraption to operate!
SUPPLIES FOR MR. YEE'S SCIENCE CLASSES
Kindergarten – Please bring your imagination!
First Grade- Please bring your imagination, too!
Second Grade – Same as above, plus: soft pencil case with sharpened pencils, an eraser, and crayons. Also bring one (1) two-pocket folder.
Third Grade – Same as second grade, plus: one (1) composition-type notebook.
SCIENCE UNITS, BY GRADE:KINDERGARTEN - WEATHER & SKYFIRST GRADE - SKY WATCHERSSECOND GRADE - MATTERTHIRD GRADE - WEATHER & CLIMATE PATTERNS
SCIENCE SAFETY RULES
1. Do not run, push, or fool around.
2. Do not taste or eat anything (without permission).
3. Clean up all spills immediately.
4. Wear goggles when necessary.
5. Follow directions carefully.
1. Enter and leave the room in quiet and orderly manner.
2. Follow directions the first time.
3. Be prepared at the start of the day by coming to school well rested and with homework assignments completed.
4. Respect yourself and others as well as their property.
5. Raise your hand if you have a question or an answer.