WELCOME TO THIRD GRADE!!!
732-528-6400 ext. 136
2019-2020 Surfers: Cory, Cary, Amelie, William, Ryder, Vincent, Payton, Nate, Kathryn, Petey, Keira, Phoebe, Tyler, Nolan, Abby, Christopher D. & Christopher C.
3- McAlary Important Information
Do your best and stay healthy!
Please remember to sign up for SEESAW learning. Click HERE to access the site. Choose "I'm a student". Type in our class code that was emailed to your parents. Sign in with your google account & password! If code is expired & you need the new one, email me!
*Optional Activity on SeeSaw: Funny Animal Writing Prompts (Don't forget to add it to the journal. It's been fun seeing your drawings/posts on Seesaw! Keep them coming!)
Optional Class Zoom @ 11:30 5/26
1. Independently Read for 20-30 minutes
2. Complete Reading Response- click HERE
- Choose ONE response to be typed in your Reading Log Entries Doc
- Share it to my email!
1. PURPLE MATH WORKBOOK- You brought this home with you on the last day before virtual learning- it looks like THIS
- Complete pg. 1 - 4 (total of 13 problems)
- Hop on zoom with Ms. Mac at 10:30 am to review any problems (optional)
2. End of Year Math Board Game- click HERE
- Complete DAY 1 of the project (choosing a topic & tell why it is important in third grade)
3. Work on new review IXL skills - click HERE
Friday Catch Up Activities
- Equivalent Fractions worksheet found HERE
- Fraction Golf Game found HERE
- Fraction Number Line worksheet found HERE
- Comparing Fractions worksheet HERE
- Restaurant Math worksheet found HERE
- Independently Read & Complete 5-8 Reading Log Entry points
-OPTIONAL Weekly Spelling Practice (choose from Journey's list OR spelling site) Click HERE for the Journey's spelling lists we left off with in school before virtual learning started. (We left off at the lesson 17 list) OR Click HERE for spelling site
- Scroll to choose a word list-- find lists under 3rd grade lists (would recommend starting at digraphs)
- Import your list
- Use the green options on the bottom to practice your words this week :)
- Learn HOW TO make a paper airplane! Click HERE to see MANY options of paper planes you can make. You can watch a video or follow step by step directions with pictures. Then go outside and try to make it fly!
- In a google doc or email- Tell me how it goes. Use these questions to help you:
- Were the planes easy to make?
- Did you have to watch the video or read the directions more than once? Maybe you did both!
- Did you give up?
- Did you make different designs or only try one?
- If you made more than one design, did some airplanes go farther than others? How far did they go?
- Do you think using different paper would make a difference in how far the plane flies?
Epic Books (McAlary class code: qnd0156)
Raz Kids- kids login (teacher code: jmcalary0)
*For additional guidance click the links below for math videos*
BRAIN BREAKS! (username: jmcalary password: jillian3)
- go to "video library"
- click "brain breaks"
- choose your option! ex: fun fitness
Mrs. O'Reilly's Google Classroom Code: x4lie76
Special Area Teachers: please check each special area teacher's website for any work/assignments that are to be completed. Refer to your child's classroom schedule located in their SHARK binder.
Science- Mr. Yee
STEM- Mrs. Snyder
Spanish- Mrs. Cole
Music- Mr. Prol
Gym/Health- Mr. Fallon
Art- Mrs. Grady
Library- Mr. DeBenedetto
Brag tags are used to reward and motivate students to meet academic, behavioral and character goals. Brag Tags need to be earned! They are not given out to every student each week (with the exception of the 1st day of school tag). Each Friday morning we will have a Brag Tag ceremony where recepients will be able to be recognized by their classmates and myself and have the opporutnity to wear the tag for the rest of the day. At the end of each Friday, students will display their tags on our bulletin board.
We love birthdays! Students are welcome to bring in a birthday treat for the class to enjoy in honor of celebrating their special day! You can send the treat into school with your child or drop it off to the main office in the morning. If your child's birthday falls on a weekend or day when school is closed, please contact me and we can pick a day to celebrate when school is in session!
Each morning our class will join together to begin our day by completing the calendar, 100th day countown, lunch count and attendance, along with responding to a morning message/question and activity before watching the morning announcements. Each day of the week will consist of a different activity:
Monday: News Flash- Students will have the opportunity to share about their weekends or any other important news
Tuesday: All Aboard- Students will be split into groups of 2 or 3 to choose a board game to play
Wednesday: Mid Week Dance Party
Thursday: Team Building- As a class we will play one of our team buiding games
Friday: Flash Back Friday- Brag Tag Ceremony
Our 2019-2020 Class Parents are:
Students will be given a Pretest on Monday. If the student gets 100% on the test, they will be given a Challenge Spelling List. This will then become "their" Spelling words for the week. If a student did not master the Pretest, they will use those words as their list for the week. Please practice the words during the week as we will be practicing them in class. The Spelling Test will be given every Friday. The list of spelling words will be sent home every Monday.
Gym: MONDAYS & WEDNESDAYS (WEAR YOUR SNEAKERS)
Science: WEDNESDAYS & FRIDAYS
Spanish: MONDAYS & TUESDAYS