Ms. Stover's Updates
Incoming 7th graders are required to read two books over the summer: Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech and The Breadwinner by Deborah Ellis. The summer work is attached at the bottom of this website, and a hardcopy has been distributed in Mrs. McWilliam's class.
Incoming 8th graders please join the Summer Reading Google Classroom for updates. The code is q2nwxh. You will read: Witness by Karen Hesse (a novel in verse) and My Brother Sam is Dead by James Lincoln Collier. Check Google Classroom for assignment details and the non-fiction portion of your summer reading.
2017/18 Language Arts and Reading
Supply List Grades 7&8
- One sturdy two-pocket folder (Writing)
- Three marble composition notebooks *The students will need to replenish these during the course of the year.
- One package of notebook paper. *A "community" supply accommodates the daily writing workshop.
General supplies, subject to replensihment throughout the year and useful for all subjects areas, include:
- Tape for affixing papers into notebooks
- Post-it notes
- Pens (blue or black and contrasting color)
- Hand held pencil sharpeners
**Make sure you replenish supplies as needed.** Thank you!
"Either write something worth reading or do something
worth writing." Benjamin Franklin