The school social worker provides assistance to students, families, and appropriate school staff to understand and participate in the process of problem resolution.
- The social worker may act as a liaison between school, family, and other community agencies in nurturing a child's normal growth and development.
- The social worker provides individual and/or group counseling for students who have behaviors and issues of concern.
- The social worker may run programs, such as Girl’s Circle Of Friends, and Lunch Bunch to help students develop stronger social skills and promote tolerance for differences within the school setting.
- As a coordinator for Peer Leaders, the school social worker encourages students to develop their own leadership potential through school and community activities.
- As a member of the child study team, it is the task of the social worker to interview parents and provide a psychosocial developmental history to aid the team in their evaluation process.
The school social worker, along with the CST, also provides case management services to our special education students and their families.
Please visit the events calendar page to find pertinent information and upcoming events of interest.